MORE THAN 170,000
IN FLORIDA, USA
FAST & FREE
FREE AND FAST
IN FLORIDA, USA
CBD Cooking Tips for Thanksgiving Day
Thanksgiving is fast approaching. One of the most important aspects of a successful Thanksgiving Day is a laden table of delicious traditional dishes. From turkey to pumpkin pie and everything in between, a lot of effort goes into preparing a Thanksgiving feast.
This Thanksgiving is the first one where many people are able to obtain CBD oil to use in their cooking. Food preparation with CBD oil is becoming increasingly popular but a lot of users have no idea where to start. They might know a few CBD oil recipes, but none relate to Thanksgiving.
Fortunately, help is at hand! Here are some cooking tips to help you incorporate CBD oil into your Thanksgiving meal.
Why use CBD in your Thanksgiving meal?
More users are choosing to ingest their dose of CBD oil in their food. This trend is growing in popularity. At first, most people used CBD oil sublingually or topically. As its use began to increase, people started at looking for other ways to take CBD oil. An innovative approach is cooking with it.
Some might argue that the best way to have a drama-free Thanksgiving is slipping all your guests some CBD oil! Unfortunately, CBD oil does not contain THC which is the mind-altering component of the marijuana plant. Additionally, there’s not enough scientific research to indicate how CBD oil works in the body and what effects it might have.
Which dishes can you prepare using CBD oil?
One of the best ways to use CBD oil is to incorporate it into sauces and gravies. The oil distributes evenly in the liquid components of the meal. CBD has a high boiling point. This is the point at which it starts breaking down. Since gravies and sauces are not cooked at temperatures in excess of 160-180°C (320-350°F), CBD oil use is effective.
Another good idea is to include CBD oil in the turkey stuffing or the mashed potatoes. Putting it into the oil or butter used to make the dish allows for even distribution. CBD oil can also be effectively used in beverages and desserts.
Which CBD oil should be used to cook a Thanksgiving meal?
CBD oils are not all the same. They come in different potencies. The quality is not always the same either. Before purchasing any CBD oil for cooking, undertake some investigation. First, make sure the supplier is reputable and established.
A lower potency CBD oil is recommended so that the oil doesn’t overwhelm the flavors of the meal. Lower potency CBD oil is more likely to allow the user to keep the levels ingested at safe levels. Cooking with CBD oil is an experimental process. Start off with smaller quantities. The amount used can be increased if the desired effect is not achieved.
Here are some CBD recipe ideas for Thanksgiving:
Cannabis-infused apple cider
4-5 Granny Smith apples, cut into quarters with peels and seeds intact
½ a cup of sugar
¼ cup of brown sugar
2 tablespoons of cinnamon
1 tablespoon of Allspice
1 teaspoon of whole cloves
A pinch of grated nutmeg (for flavoring)
A drop or two of cannabis oil (depending on potency)
- Place the apples in a pot and cover them with water. Stir in the sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, Allspice, and nutmeg.
- Boil on high for an hour. Keep the pot uncovered and check on the mixture frequently.
- Put the lid on the pot and let it simmer on a low heat for another two hours.
- Remove the pot from the heat and allow it to cool.
- Mash the apples until a pulp is formed.
- Strain the mixture allowing the liquid to drain into a bowl. Put the remaining pulp in a piece of cheesecloth. Squeeze it until there is no more juice.
- Add the cannabis oil and serve.
This is a good recipe to keep the needs of users and non-users in mind. Separate the portions according to who wants CBD-infused apple cider before adding the oil.
Mini shortbread apple pies
Ingredients for filling:
A peeled and finely diced apple
2 tablespoons of butter
1-2 tablespoons of maple syrup
½ a teaspoon each of vanilla extract, almond extract, and nutmeg
1 teaspoon each of gluten-free flour and Ras el Hanout spice
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
½ a lemon juiced and 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- Melt the butter on medium heat. Add all the ingredients except for half of the lemon zest, the flour, and the maple syrup. Cook until the mixture is soft and a thick liquid consistency. This should take 10-15 minutes.
- Add the maple syrup, remaining lemon zest, and flour. Cook for another 3-4 minutes.
Ingredients for the pastry
1 cup of almond flour
¼ cup of almond slices (according to preference)
2½ tablespoons of soft butter.
3 tablespoons of powdered sugar
¼ teaspoon each of salt, vanilla extract, and almond extract
Approximately 7ml of CBD oil (vary according to the potency, bearing in mind that too little is better than too much)
- Mix the ingredients by hand in a bowl.
- Divide the pastry into 8 balls
- Place the balls on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Flatten the balls into ½-inch discs.
- Place into a preheated oven (350°F/180°C). Bake for 8 minutes.
- Take the tray out of the oven. Use the back of a spoon to make a well in the middle of each disc. Work quickly while the pastry is still soft
- Spoon the apple mixture into the wells.
- Bake for 4-6 minutes and serve.
Thanksgiving is a time for sharing special time with friends and family. When planning to prepare food with CBD oil, advise your guests ahead of time so that they can choose whether to partake or not.