MORE THAN 170,000
IN FLORIDA, USA
FAST & FREE
FREE AND FAST
IN FLORIDA, USA
Full Spectrum CBD Oil for Dogs: Good or Bad?
CBD for dogs has developed into a full-blown industry. Wandering down the CBD dog products aisles, you will notice two different types of CBD oil for dogs – isolated CBD oil and full spectrum CBD oil. Isolated CBD oil offers a lot of health benefits for your furry friend. Full spectrum CBD oil for dogs is even better. This article is all about how to make an informed choice for the best CBD oil for your pet.
Full Spectrum CBD Oil vs. Isolated CBD Oil for Dogs
This section is all about the comparison between full spectrum CBD oil and isolated CBD oil. We will also talk about which one is better for your dog.
How are the Two Different?
Outlined below are the differences between full spectrum and isolated CBD oil.
- · Method of extraction: The primary distinction between full spectrum and isolated CBD oil lies in the method of extraction. Isolated CBD oil is the one in which CBD is subjected to additional purification. The process separates CBD from all other compounds. It yields CBD in its purest form-hence the name “isolated” CBD. Full spectrum CBD retains all the compounds present in the hemp plant.
- · Plant parts used: Isolated CBD is obtained from the plant parts that contain the highest percentage of CBD. They include the flowering buds and female flowers (trichomes). On the other hand, full spectrum CBd oil is extracted from all plant parts including stems and roots.
- · Ingredients: Isolated CBD oil contains CBD only. It is devoid of any other compounds. Full spectrum CBD oil does not contain CBD only. It includes cannabinoids, terpenes, flavonoids, omega fatty acids, and vitamins.
So Which One is Better?
It goes without saying that full spectrum CBD oil is better than isolated CBD oil. This is because it has a better therapeutic value. The compounds in full spectrum CBD oil exert more potent health effects. With regular use, watch your pet’s health improve like never before.
What is Full Spectrum CBD Oil?
CBD has stolen the spotlight for being a natural pet health booster. The truth is, CBD is only one part of the bigger picture. Cannabis plant (the hemp variety) yields many different types of compounds. They work synergistically to deliver amazing health benefits.
Full spectrum CBD oil contains all the natural compounds found in the whole hemp plant, not just CBD. Together, these compounds exert potent health effects. They help improve the quality of life for your furry friend. These compounds include
- · Cannabinoids, including cannabidiol (CBD), tetrahydrocannabivarin, cannabigerol, and cannabichromene among others
- · Terpenes like limonene, myrcene, α‐pinene, linalool, β‐caryophyllene, caryophyllene oxide, nerolidol and phytol
- · Flavonoids
- · Omega fatty acids
- · Vitamins
- · Proteins
How does Full Spectrum CBD Oil for Dogs Work?
Full spectrum CBD oil for dogs works via the “entourage effect”. This principle implies that the combined effects of all these compounds derived from the hemp plant are more potent than any of these compounds alone.
Cannabinoids activate the endocannabinoid system located in the mammalian bodies. Terpenes work by altering the enzymatic pathways. Flavonoids modify the cellular makeup to exert their effects. Omega fatty acids optimize the metabolic actions. When acting together, these compounds exert powerful health effects. The inevitable result is drastically improved lifestyle for your pet.
Is Full Spectrum CBD Oil Safe for my Dog?
One of the biggest dilemma dog owners are faced with is,“ Is full spectrum CBD oil safe for dogs or not?” The truth is quite plain. Full spectrum CBD is completely safe to be administered to dogs. Full spectrum CBD oil for dogs is formulated in doses specific for animals. It is, therefore, completely safe for use.
But it Contains a Bit of THC, So How can it be Safe for my Dog?
Arguably, the biggest fear of pet owners is the presence of traces of THC in full spectrum CBD. Let us clear up the misconception once and for all. THC is indeed present in full spectrum CBD oil but in very minute amount. It is obtained from the hemp plant which is allowed by state laws as a tradable plant.
The hemp plant contains less than 0.3% THC. If it were harmful, the state laws wouldn’t allow the commercial use of hemp and its derivatives. In such amounts, THC still holds a therapeutic potential but this quantity is too less to make your pet high. It does not intoxicate your dog and is completely safe for use, as permitted by the law.
How is Full Spectrum CBD Oil Beneficial for my Dog?
Full spectrum CBD oil works wonders for improving your pet’s health. Some of the health benefits of full spectrum CBD oil for dogs are concisely discussed below.
- · Induces calmness
- · Chases away anxiety and stress
- · Boosts appetite
- · Improves digestion
- · Alleviates pain and aches
- · Soothes chronic inflammation
- · Strengthens immunity
- · Alleviates allergies
- · Relieves skin itchiness
How Can I Give Full Spectrum CBD Oil to my Dog?
- · If your pet does not put up a fight, you can directly trickle the required no of drops of full spectrum CBD oil down your pet’s throat.
- · Alternatively, you can mix the oil in your dog’s regular food or water.
How to Calculate the Right Dose of Full Spectrum CBD Oil for my Dog?
Calculating the right dose of full spectrum CBD oil that your pet needs is important. You need to know 3 things for this purpose. These include your dog’s weight, severity of symptoms, the amount of full spectrum CBD in the oi.l Here are some simple formulas that can help you figure out the required dose for your dog.
Tier 1 – 0.005 mg x lb twice a day
Tier 2 – 0.125 mg x lb twice a day
Tier 3 – 0.25 mg x lb twice a day
- · Always purchase from reliable sources to get the best value for your money.
- · Check the label for third party certification. It ensures that the product you are purchasing is safe for use.
- · Don’t barter with your pet’s health by buying from unknown retailers.
It’s a tricky business looking after your dog’s health when you want only the best for your pet. Make a wise decision.