Have you been having trouble achieving your fitness goals? Have you tried every known trick of the trade but that stubborn fat simply refuses to budge? Let CBD help. CBD for weight loss is not a novel concept. CBD has surpassed expectations by drastically improving nearly all aspects of human health. It does not come as a surprise that CBD oil can be used to lose weight. But is it actually true or simply a myth? Let’s dig deeper.
What is CBD Oil and How does it Work?
CBD (cannabidiol) is a natural cannabinoid obtained from the hemp plant. For decades, CBD has been utilized for its outstanding therapeutic potential. CBD works by interacting with endocannabinoid system (ECS) located in the human body. The ECS consists of two components. One is the endocannabinoids. They are the chemicals that carry signals within the ECS. The second are the cannabinoid receptors-CB1 and CB2.
By stimulating the cannabinoid receptors, the endocannabinoids affect various physiological bodily functions. These include sleep, mood, memory, pain perception, appetite, digestion, and metabolism among others. CBD, being a phytocannabinoid, can similarly act on these receptors and activate them. This is how CBD exerts its actions.
How Does CBD Help with Weight Loss?
Here is how CBD plays its role in reducing body weight.
Activation of CB1 receptors has been linked with an increase in the appetite. The CB2 receptors are, however, another story. The CB2 receptor is found peripherally on the immune cells. It has also been implicated in weight loss since it perpetuates a decrease in the appetite1. Reduced appetite leads to decreased food intake which helps in weight loss.
Enhances “fat browning”
Let us understand some very basic concepts first. The human body produces two different kinds of fat tissue. One is the “white fat”. White fat produces hormones like estrogen and leptin which can regulate weight and appetite. White fat also affects insulin sensitivity and steroid hormones production. Excess of white fat, however, disrupts the metabolic functions and results in obesity.
The other kind of fat is the “brown fat”. Brown fat causes calorie expenditure rather than its storage. Brown fat generates heat for breaking down the excess white fat in the body to generate energy.
The endocannabinoid system is closely linked with fat metabolism. CBD enhances the “browning of fat” by acting on the genes involved in fat metabolism2. It means that it helps make more brown fat as compared to white fat. More energy expenditure and less white fat storage inevitably leads to weight loss.
The endocannabinoid system is intricately related with the fat and carbohydrate metabolism. It is known to enhance homeostasis of the human body. It means that CBD modifies how body stores and spends energy in all kinds of situations. In other words, it helps maintain a balance between energy expenditure and storage.
Optimal metabolic balance by CBD prevents storage of extra calories in the form of fat. In this way, energy homeostasis helps promote weight loss.
How to Use CBD Oil for Weight Loss?
Make sure that the kind of CBD oil you purchase comes from a reliable retailer. It should contain organic, US grown CBD obtained from hemp. Checking the third party certification can also increase the reliability of the product. If you are already on the road to fitness, adding CBD oil to your dietary regime can help you reduce fat fast.
- You can take the required number of drops of CBD once or twice daily.
- You can ingest CBD oil directly with the help of a dropper.
- If the taste is too strong for you, you can add CBD oil to non-alcoholic beverages or your regular food to mask the taste.
- Remember, CBD is not a cure for obesity. It can help hasten along the weight loss process though. So it would be foolhardy to rely on CBD alone and not employ other primary weight loss means. These include eating a balanced diet and exercising regularly.
- Always consult a physician before your start taking CBD oil for weight loss. This is especially important if you have any diagnosed medical condition.
So How much CBD Oil Should You Use for Weight Loss?
The dose of CBD oil depends mainly on your body weight. Here is a concise guide for calculating the daily dose of CBD oil.
- Daily dose of CBD depends on the amount of CBD present per single serving of the product you purchase.
- Always start with a low dose after consulting your physician.
- Gradually increase the dose in a stepwise fashion until you reach the one that works best for you.
- CBD has a wide therapeutic window. It is the range of concentrations at which a substance exerts its beneficial effects without any significant side effects. This means that CBD can be tolerated even at high doses.
- Mayo Clinic published a report in 2019. It said that CBD can safely be used at a dose of up to 300mg per day for upto 6 months3. Be mindful not to exceed this stipulated dose.
- Always wait a reasonable amount of time to see any significant weight change. Increase the dose only if you fail to see any notable change.
CBD has already created quite a buzz among fitness freaks. However, the area needs to be looked into more deeply, Plenty of anecdotal evidence backs up the purported weight loss effects of CBD oil. CBD oil has provided the fitness zealots with an easy solution for achieving their dream fitness goals.
the latest news and updates!