CBD honey sticks are a great combination of the sweet, nutritious taste of honey and the alternative and beneficial health properties of CBD. They are easy to carry around and enjoy on the go—and simple to make at home! This article will outline the basics and benefits of CBD honey sticks and teach you how to make honey sticks for yourself.
What are CBD honey sticks?
CBD honey sticks are also known as honey straws. They are honey products that contain CBD, and there are two types. The liquid variety comes in a sealed tube, which is filled with CBD-infused liquid honey. The second is solid and resembles a hard piece of candy or sweet that looks like a long stick.
It’s important to note that CBD honey sticks do not get you high. Like all CBD products, they contain very little or no THC, which is the compound of cannabis that creates a high sensation. CBD is a different compound with numerous health benefits, but it does not have any psychoactive properties.
How to use honey sticks
You might be wondering how to eat CBD honey sticks. You can consume either type directly, depending on your preference for something solid or liquid. But many people enjoy putting CBD honey sticks in a hot beverage, like tea. Some people also use them as a recipe ingredient. For example, you can drizzle it over salad like a dressing or mix it into a smoothie, yogurt, or cereal. Alternatively, you can use CBD honey sticks in the same way as CBD oil by applying it directly to your skin. This is particularly helpful for reducing the pain of burns and stings.
One of the best things about honey sticks is that they are portable. So whether you’re looking for a snack on the road or a new and original ingredient at home, they are a great choice. There is no one single or set way for how to use honey sticks.
Benefits of CBD honey sticks
CBD honey sticks have the same benefits as other CBD products. CBD is an anti-inflammatory and an antioxidant. It can reduce the pain and discomfort that comes from inflammation, whether that’s tension in the muscles or swelling on the skin. CBD also helps to relax the mind and body. For that reason, many people suffering from anxiety, depression, or sleep loss use it as an alternative or complementary treatment. CBD works with the endocannabinoid system to bring balance to the body. Consuming it can also reduce nausea.
An added bonus of CBD honey sticks is that they contain the benefits of honey, too. Honey is a nutritious, natural food. Like CBD, it’s an antioxidant, which can help lower blood pressure, lessen the risk of heart disease, and reduce cholesterol. Honey is soothing, making it a good treatment for a sore throat. It helps that it’s sweet, so it masks any CBD flavor.
How to make honey sticks with CBD
CBD honey sticks are easy to make at home. Doing so allows you to control the strength of the CBD, the volume, and the form of the honey sticks. Here’s how to do it.
Ingredients and materials
- CBD (CBD tincture or isolate powder)
- A glass measuring cup
Make the CBD-infused honey.
Remember: you control the strength of CBD in the honey sticks, so the exact measurement will depend on your personal preferences and tolerance levels.
- Pour water into a saucepan and heat it to about 95˚F.
- Place the glass measuring cup inside until it reaches the same temperature.
- Add the CBD to the measuring cup, then add the honey on top.
- Stir the CBD and honey together until the honey turns smooth.
- Remove from the heat and let the mixture cool.
Add the CBD honey to the straws.
- Light a flame, such as a candle or lighter.
- Hold the end of a straw over the flame until the plastic melts and becomes pliable.
- Using pliers, clamp shut one end and remove from heat to allow the plastic to seal.
- Pour the CBD honey into the straw, leaving enough room to seal the other end.
- Use the same method as above to seal the top end of the straw shut.
Tips and tricks:
- Use larger and thicker straws (like smoothie straws), which are easier to pour the honey into
- Use a squeeze bottle to store the honey—it’s easier to transfer into the straws through a pointy end
- A vacuum sealer works well to seal the bottom end of the straws
- Consider adding other ingredients to your honey, such as lavender, nutmeg, or vanilla
This is your product, so don’t be afraid to experiment! CBD honey sticks also make a great homemade gift for friends or family.
CBD honey sticks combine the medicinal benefits of CBD with the nutritious, delicious elements of honey. They are a convenient way to get your daily dose of CBD, and so easy to carry around to enjoy on the go. Now that you know how to make them for yourself, try experimenting with different forms, flavours, and strengths to find the best CBD honey stick recipe for you.
the latest news and updates!